This article is brought to you by Kapi Residences, a premier student housing provider in California who is committed to offering fully furnished luxury apartments and amenities at affordable prices. To learn more about why Kapi Residences is the right housing option for you, click here.
Halloween is at the end of the month, which means if you haven’t already started thinking about costume ideas, it’s time to do so! Here are five Halloween costume ideas for college students to consider when deciding what to dress up as.
Photo Credit: Pixabay.com
- Play Pirate. You can go all out for this costume a la Johnny Depp in “Pirates of the Caribbean” but you don’t have to do so to pass as a pirate on Halloween. Instead, go for a white shirt, vest, belt, flouncy-ish pants or leggings, boots, a bandana of some sort around your head, gold jewelry, and black eyeliner. An eyepatch and or sword wouldn’t hurt either.
- Be A Spy. One of the easiest costumes to pull of that requires almost no effort is dressing like a spy. Think black — pants, shirt, jacket, hat, shoes, etc. If you want to go a little further with the idea, consider some spy-worthy props. The costume for being a spy also works if you want to instead be a character from “Men in Black,” Black Widow from the Avengers, Daredevil from Netflix/Marvel’s “Daredevil,” or a cat burglar (just add cat ears).
- Dress Up Like a Movie Character. With so many great movies to choose from, you can’t go wrong with a movie character Halloween costume. Choose to dress up like a character from recent blockbusters like “Wonder Woman,” the numerous Marvel movies, “The Hunger Games” series, “Harry Potter,” etc., or go for older classics like characters from “Grease,” “The Breakfast Club,” Disney movies, and more.
- Do A Group Costume. If you and your friends want to coordinate group costumes together, there are lots of ideas to choose from depending on the size of your group. If you’re a duo, you could be Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and more. For three or more people, consider Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger; the four seasons; or the Golden Girls or another TV show cast.
- Go Punny. Want a more “clever” Halloween costume idea? Consider a punny costume like dressing up as a ceiling fan (go ceilings!), assault and battery (salt and a battery), cereal killer, fantasy football (just add wings to your school jersey), or formal apology (professional wear and a sticker that says I’m sorry). Or think of another pun and turn it into a creative and witty costume!
Consider dressing up as one of these Halloween costume ideas this October or use these to help you brainstorm another great Halloween costume option. Happy Halloween!
Looking for your home away from home? Kapi Residences are just the place. For more information about Kapi Residences, click here.