This article is brought to you by Kapi Residences, a premier student housing provider in California who is committed to offering fully furnished luxury apartments and amenities at affordable prices. To learn more about why Kapi Residences is the right housing option for you,
Summer is officially here, which means it’s the perfect time to do all the things we couldn’t or didn’t have time to do during the rest of the year. From being outside to swimming and other activities, here are six things you should do this summer.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
- Hit the Water. If you don’t live close to a beach or lake (and don’t have the time or ability to get to one), you can always hit the nearest pool. When the weather’s hot, there’s nothing like jumping into some cooler water and enjoying yourself. If you’re not a big swimmer, you can lay out by the pool and nap or read, and if you do go to a beach or lake, you can see if there’s some kind of boating available.
- Get Into Nature. Even if you don’t consider yourself an outdoorsy person, you’ve simply got to get outside this summer. If you want to be more active, you can take a walk around the block, go for a hike, or ride your bicycle. When you’re having lunch or dinner, bring your food outdoors and sit outside while you eat to soak up some rays and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
- Read a Book for Fun. You probably read a lot for school, but when was the last time you read a book for fun? Summer is the time to catch up on your pleasure reading — you can read novels that have come out recently that you didn’t have time to read during the year or look up which books are this summer’s hot beach reads.
- Go to a Festival. Lots of festivals take place over the summer, from food to art to music. While music festivals will cost money and require tickets, most food and art festivals are free unless you want to buy something. Going to a festival will get you outside and walking around and you can just window shop if you don’t want to spend anything.
- Treat Yourself. While you may be living on a budget, try to indulge yourself in some way this summer and treat yourself to something. It could be a vacation, a day or road trip, an item of clothing, a dinner out, etc. You’re on break, the weather’s great, and you deserve to do something nice for yourself!
- Catch a Movie. Summer is when big blockbusters typically come out, with large film releases starting in May and continuing through the beginning of September — which means you should get to the movies! “Finding Dory,” the long-awaited sequel to “Finding Nemo,” just came out so you can still catch it in theaters for the next few weeks. Plus, other huge movies are coming out in July and August, including the “Ghostbusters” remake, Matt Damon’s “Jason Bourne,” Marvel’s “Suicide Squad,” and “Star Trek Beyond.” Besides being a fun and entertaining outing, movie theaters typically boast some pretty good air conditioning.
Whatever you do, take some time this summer to have fun and give yourself a break — school will be back in session soon enough!
Looking for your home away from home? Kapi Residences are just the place. For more information about Kapi Residences, click here.